e.l.f. Clarifying Pressed Powder

I have been on the prowl for a new pressed powder that could help control my oiliness as I am prone to greasing up after a few hours. I used to use Maybelline pressed powders (the ones in green casing) and I have to say that it did nothing to control my oil at all. It looked oily even after application. But I still used it till I finished with it because: 1. It's such a waste, and 2. I thought that my oiliness can't be helped, unless I seek medical help. (Yup, that's how oily I am.)

Being back in the blogging world, and as I have said in my last post, I have devoured beauty blogs like never before, I have come to realize that I don't need to be stuck with products that actually don't work for me. And also that there is still hope. :)

My first order of business was to seek out a good BB cream. I have found one that's good for oily skin and even out my skin tone without looking too heavy on my next-to-virgin skin. (I have only used powder and lippies until this point in my life). My review on that here.

If you would happen to notice (that is, if you did view the link) my BB cream is in a mini version. That is because I have decided not to buy full size until I am absolutely satisfied with it. I don't want to just go through the motions again because I just don't want my money going to waste. :(

So anyway, that (all that) led me to e.l.f. and their clarifying pressed powder. It may not be a mini version, but it's small and very affordable at P129.00 only.


It has a clear lid. Sadly, there is no mirror. But at least it comes with a puff, so I can retouch on the go. It would be really awkward for someone like me (a newbie) to be carrying brushes for powders around. I know professionals and junkies love and recommend that, but I'd rather stick to puffs for the meantime. Don't get me wrong, I have acquired my own set of makeup brushes. ;) But taking out brushes in public comfort rooms to retouch is a bit of a hassle, don't you think?

Apricot Beige, the color I got.
This I'm not so sure about. I got Apricot Beige because there's nothing else closer to my color. The lady on the counter showed me this and Ivory to try out, and I think Ivory is just too white. Though I was not sure how it'll be if I had it all over my face. So I got this instead. My boyfriend, who was with me at that time, said it's a tad darker than my skin. Hmm. I have tried it on my hand and on my jaw, and it didn't show at all.

When I got home and applied it all over my face (in a patting motion) I did see a difference, though I'm not sure if it's the color, or if it just mattified my face to the point that I looked 2Dimensional. :/ Hmm.

You could also see in the picture that the powder is a little grainy. It feels a little weird thinking putting coarse substance on the face, but so far no grains have shown through my application.

Swatch
See? It didn't show, right? But my boyfriend is also right in saying the powder looked dark in the compact compared to my skin.


I love how travel ready e.l.f.'s Clarifying Powder is. It could fit even in small pockets of my bag, with lots more space to spare. I could stash in there my lippie and comb as well. And maybe a small mirror.

I have been using this alternately with another powder, and I've noticed that this product made me grease up faster than the other one. And it's like all over the face grease, compare to the other's slight shine on nose. I'll be doing that review soon.

I'll maybe keep this powder for contouring, if I ever feel the need to contour. That would mean putting the product on the outer regions of my face where I slick less, so it wouldn't do much harm to my T-zone. But I don't think I'll repurchase this to use as an over-all face powder.

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment