ootd: Casual Wedding Attire


Many of the weddings I attend calls for a semi-formal or casual attire. I don't think I can recall any that asked us to be in formal wear. Although it's easier to figure out what to wear to a semi-formal event, a casual dress code can sometimes be a cause for panic. What do I wear? I don't think jeans are okay. It is best to just ask the celebrating couple or anyone part of the entourage, but my rule of thumb is, if an event costs more than tens of thousands of pesos, I'd rather not look like I am heading to a friend's house to hang out.

I decided on this simple little black dress from Something Borrowed and pale pink envelope clutch from Ezra. The dress has some leatherette details along the sides and waist, which add to its charm.

Both items I bought at Zalora last year, and they were a good addition to my wardrobe since both can be worn at different occasions and can be worn up or down.


Here I am in the ensemble. I have to hike up the leatherette waist band since my bump is starting to show. It does look nice having a "waist band" on that part of my abdomen because it's accentuating the "curves" I'm beginning to have. :D

To complete the ensemble (but not on the pics) is a pair of plain black flats from SM.

Dawn

2 comments:

  1. black never goes out of style :) I love outfits that accentuate the waist since they flatter the figure and give you more curves.

    ReplyDelete