Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream


When the snail slime filtrate trend hit two years ago, I jumped on board and bought this online. Snail slime is known for having amazing skincare benefits such as lightening hyperpigmentation and scars, reducing lines and wrinkles, and improving the texture of the skin. Who wouldn't want that in their skincare? So I was on board!

Mizon is one of the brands well known for their snail filtrate line. Although there are more heavyweight products raved by many, I chose this small tube of snail filtrate gel to test how it would fare for me.

Korean labeling
I first started using this on my entire face, because hey I want the benefits on my face, but my face didn't fell in love with it. It kind of just seated on my face without being absorbed. Or maybe I was just putting on too much? Not to mention that I have extremely oily skin so I really didn't like the extra layer on my face.

Don't get me wrong, it was an nice gel - texture-wise. It's not gooey like you would have imagined. Nor does it smell gross. It actually smell quite nice.



Repurpose

Anyway, after several months of just keeping it in the drawer, I found another use for it. Wounds! Which have very recently turned into scars, just right after the scabs got peeled off. And it's a wonder using this snail gel on them! It doesn't take long before the scars lighten and/or disappear completely.

My sister also got a wound/scar on her shoulder after a fall and hitting a furniture and she thought she will be scarred for life! I let her use this and we could literally see a huge difference in the scar's color and prominence within weeks. :D

Repurchase?

So will I buy this again? Definitely. I also want to try out the cream formula in case that would suit my face better.

That's all for my review. Thanks for stopping by! :)

And I also want to announce to the world that I recently opened an Instagram account solely dedicated to my beauty blog. :) I would really love for you to check it out. And maybe follow? :D

How about you? Have you tried snail slime in your skincare yet?

Dawn

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I need something on my skincare routine
    Thanks for this excellent review!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Your blog has made it to TOP FOUR in our Blogs of Fame for the month of December! Your blog will now be highlighted in the Blogs of Fame sidebar for the whole month and your blog posts will also be featured TWO TIMES WEEKLY in our Facebook page!

    Keep up the good work!

    Best Regards,
    BNP
    blogsngpinoy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's totally awesome! Thanks! This makes me want to work harder on my blog. :)

      Delete