Saladbox Holiday Box Unboxing and Review

I've always wanted to try out subscription boxes. I thought they're a fantastic idea. You get to try out brands and products you haven't tried or heard of before, and you usually get your money's worth. The boxes they also come curated in are so cute that they make for pretty additional storage on the vanity table or in drawers.

But they're not inexpensive (in my opinion). One box is usually priced almost at P1000. You might be able to save if you subscribe for longer periods, with 3 months being the shortest and 1 year the longest, but I do not have money for that. Not right now.

So when Saladbox announced last October that they're offering 3 beauty boxes for P1000, I thought it's a good deal. One box for P333. I checked out the Saladbox website and the items they curated were enough to make me decide to go ahead and purchase.


Boy was I ever disappointed. First and foremost, the delivery took forever. I paid in October because it was an October promo. I was excited to receive my first box on November. Super excited! My packages I usually have delivered at my hubby's office and as early as 2nd week of November I told him I was expecting one. 😀

Well, as it turns out, Saladbox is consolidating the November and December boxes in one box - the Holiday Box. Ooookay.

To be shipped at December 5.

That deflated me a little.

Well, no worries. We are just within Metro Manila so I figured since it wasn't in the thick of the holiday season yet, deliveries would only take a couple of days max.

MY GOLLY! Weeks passed. WHERE IS MY PACKAGE?

I am following them on Instagram and I kept checking how the delivery was going, has anyone received theirs?

A lot of the comments I've read though were negative. Those who haven't received it are pissed while those who did were disappointed.

Hmmm. 🤔

I finally received mine just a few days before Christmas. And I've noticed, it was the day after I commented on their Instagram page asking where my box is. Maybe they have forgotten about me and needed reminding?


When I finally got my hands on it, yep so excited once again (new makeup!) I opened it to only feel indifferent.

Look at them. They will not cause you to jump for joy.

At the same time, for P333, I think what I got is already worth the price.

But then hang on. Why am I getting an Ever Bilena blush instead of the Ever Bilena lipstick they announced?

They had been hinting about this quality lipstick (don't quote me on that - haven't tried it) that they're including in our holiday boxes and even sent us an email asking us what color/shade we prefer from 3 choices.

Where is that lipstick that I made the effort to pick a shade of? 😂

It looks like they have run out of stocks that's why some packages were super delayed. But I'm curious as to how come? Didn't we made our orders as late as November (they still do promote their boxes even when they are suppose to be already delivering them)? Shouldn't they know how many items they needed to fill every box? And how come I get the replacement product when I paid as early as October? Was it because I availed of the cheapest promo? Because if that was the case, then they shouldn't have gotten my hopes up with an email about choosing the dang lipstick color!

Anyway, I'm not that upset. I'm trying to stay off lipsticks that aren't natural/organic anyway because I'm pregnant so I'm happy I got the blush instead.

But this blush looks inexpensive. It looks like a toy. Or at the very least newbie makeup for teens - if you know what I mean. I'm not talking about the Careline lip balm in macaroon packaging. I love that one. I love cute packaging. But Ever Bilena's blush's packaging looks like it'll easily break. I'll let you know how it'll fare once I tried it out. And I'll let you see pictures.



In the box is a greeting card and a discount card. Nothing festive about the contents though.


With my beauty box came another box. The Saladbox Man. It's their curation for men. I thought, "Hey! Good idea! I have an additional gift for hubby."

But then I thought, does this count as a 2nd box out of my three? I researched online and found out this is a freebie and doesn't count with the number of box subscriptions. Hooray! Free gift for my man!


These are the contents. I am not complaining. These are more than what my hubby is even using (I'm just talking about the astringent really).

He was happy to receive this. And although he's unsure about the astringent, and raised his brows with the toothpaste (toothpaste as gift! 😅 ), he's pretty happy to have new bath products that he won't need to repurchase any time soon.


Final Verdict

So overall, although I'm dubious whenever I see Saladbox promoting their new box (it's Mary Kay this month of January - which I'm excited about but really keeping myself from over-expecting), I think it was well worth the money I spent for it and I'm willing to give them a chance to make up for it (with the Mary Kay box hahaha). I hope I won't be disappointed next time.

And they announced deliveries will begin on 16, Monday. 😸


So how about you? Have you tried any subscription boxes yet? Did they live up to your expectations?

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment