Maybelline Great Lash Waterproof Mascara


Being someone who prefers looking natural instead of dramatic, the quest for finding the perfect mascara isn't easy. Most mascaras being sold are ones who promises big volume, or fluttering length, or the fake lashes look, while what I am aiming for are lashes that adds some length, darkens them a little, and holds the curl. Having the typical Asian short and straight lashes isn't ideal yo. But I don't like the falsies look on me either.

So the first step to finding that mascara perfect for me is to try out Great Lash from Maybelline. It is recommended to those looking for a basic mascara. It doesn't have the bells and whistles that other mascaras have to offer, it is just a plain black mascara, but somehow it is one of the first mascaras mentioned when you ask for natural looking mascara recommendations.

So, how does it fare?


The wand is a normal size which I like because it doesn't cause me to smudge product all around my eyes or worse, poke me in the eye. Application is therefore easier than when I used bigger wands.

The color is black, not the blackest black, which I also prefer. :D

The consistency though I didn't like as much because it is more wet than dry and I like it dry like Maybelline's Mega Plush because that doesn't feel heavy on the lashes.

This mascara also makes my lashes feel stiff to the touch (and I'd compare it once again to Mega Plush because that one feels really natural, as if I had nothing on my lashes).

Staying power is good. It doesn't flake or droop within the day and clean-up is easy as well with a makeup remover.

Overall, I'd still prefer the Mega Plush over this. Unfortunately, that one isn't being sold here in the Philippines. :( So, I'm off trying out other basic mascaras from other brands. And hopefully I get to encounter one that's specifically targeted for the natural lashes look.

If you have any recommendations, I'd really love to hear them. :)

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment